New York in 1900 in color
• color New York in 1900
A selection of photos of New York City made of photochromic technology. Photochromic no color photography, and special printing technology in which a black-and-white negative made several lithographic printing plates. As a result, the image is a color, but it is not very natural, and a little like a watercolor painting.
Laundry in the beginning of the week. Laundry hung out on a clothesline in the back yard of an apartment building
Battery Park. Round building - Fort Clinton (1808) Throughout its history, it is time to visit the fortress, an immigration station, the city aquarium (at the time of shooting), beer crease, theater, exhibition hall and museum. Right stretched "Pier A" (1886), preserved to our days.
The piers port South Street. In the background the Brooklyn Bridge.
The red building in the foreground - Washington Building (1882). In 1921 it was reconstructed, fully replacing the facade and renamed the United States Lines-Panama Pacific Lines Building. Now the building is called the Broadway 1. Behind him stands Bowling Green Building (1896), which housed the office shipping company White Star Line - Titanic's owner. Right Square Bowling Green (behind him goby) and the beginning of Broadway.
Ferry Terminal Central Railroad of New Jersey at the corner of West and Liberty Street.
The Church of Trinity Church (1846). It was the tallest building in New York for 44 years.
Gillender Building (1897-1910). The building was erected on the corner of Wall Street and Nassau Street. Now in its place is the Bankers Trust Building (1912).
The oldest surviving church building in Manhattan - St. Paul's Chapel (1764). It belongs to the Episcopal Church.
St. Paul Building (1898-1958). Now in its place is the Western Electric Building (1961). On the right you can see the St. Paul's Chapel.
On the left St. Paul Building. Right Park Row Building (1899). The tallest building in the world from 1899 to 1901.
Nyuspeyper Row (now the Park Row). Here there were offices of major New York newspapers. From left to right: World Building (1890-1955) - the office of the newspaper The New York World, owned by Joseph Pulitzer. The first building was built in New York City Trinity Church above and the tallest building in the world from 1890 to 1894. Demolished during the reconstruction of the entrance to the Brooklyn Bridge. The building with the clock - Tribune Building (1875-1966) - the office of the newspaper New York Tribune. Gray Right - New York Times Building (1889).
The building of City Hall (1811). Left Home Life Building (1894) and Postal Telegraph Building (1894) (with red pyramid). High building for the pinnacle of City Hall - Broadway-Chambers Building (1900).
The cart with bananas.
Carriers of the Italian shops selling bread.
branch elevated railway on Third Avenue EL Bowery (1878-1955). On the left the building of the Savings Bank Bowery (1895).
Crossroads Sixth Avenue and 14th Street.
Madison Square Park and the building of Madison Square Garden (1890-1925). In its place now stands New York Life Building (1928).
The Arc de Triomphe at Dewey Square, Madison (1899-1900). It was built as a temporary structure for the parade in honor of the victory at the Battle of Cavite
Protestant Marble Collegiate Church on the corner of Fifth Avenue and 29th Street
Intersection Fifth Avenue and 51 th Street. Brown building in the foreground - a huge mansion of William Henry Vanderbilt, who occupied an entire city block. Built in 1882, demolished in 1927. Behind him stands Petit Chateau (1882-1926) - a mansion built for his son Uilyami Kissamas Vanderbilt.
Mall "The Mall" in Central Park
The obelisk "Cleopatra's Needle" in Central Park. It is the oldest (1450 BC. E.) Man-made structure in the area of New York. It brought out of Egypt in 1880.
Crossroads of Fifth Avenue and 65th Street. Left Central Park. Gray house - "Mrs. Astor mansion" (1893-1926). Caroline Astor was a socialite and wife of William Astor - the largest owners of real estate and the son of John Jacob Astor, who was one of the richest men of the time.
Turn suicide. Overpass subway near 110th Street. In the background can be seen under construction Cathedral of St. John the Divine
Columbia University Library (1895). In the foreground Macy Villa (1885) - the case for the rich psychiatric patients Bloomingdale, who was in the area. In 1892 the land was sold to Columbia University, and all buildings, except for Macy Villa, demolished.
West Side. Hudson Beach
Grant's Tomb (1897) - the largest mausoleum in the US.
The oldest building in Manhattan - Jumel Mansion Morris
High Bridge (1848). The oldest bridge in New York. Croton aqueduct built as a water supply system.
On the beach of Coney Island.
In the distance can be seen the huge house located on Brighton Beach and Manhattan Beach
On the beach Rockaway. Most swimmers are just standing in the water holding on to the rope taut.
The Statue of Liberty (1886) and Liberty Island.
Church of Plymouth Church in Brooklyn Heights (1850).
Circle (The Circle). C 1926 called the Grand Army Square (Grand Army Plaza). Big red building in the center - Montauk Club (1889) and town houses to his right