40 tallest Orthodox bell
Sparkling in the sunlight golden domes and floating above the ground the sound of bells ... That from which freezes in awe majestic orthodox human soul. Especially for the Easter Week, when everyone can climb the tower and ring the bell, as well as travel on the eve of the season, we present an overview of the highest beautiful orthodox bell.
Church of the Resurrection - more than 410 meters above sea level
Location: Foros, Yalta city council, pos. Foros, 2 kilometers from the pass Baidar Gate on the way down to the village, Crimea, Russia
Years of construction: between 1888 and 1892
Architect: NM Chagin
Church of the Resurrection - Church of the Simferopol and Crimean Diocese of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church Moscow Patriarchate over Foros was built in 1892 on a steep cliff - Red Rock. building height above sea level is 412 meters. Monument of Russian architecture of the late XIX century.
The church was built in 1892 in the Byzantine style, cross-domed church. The IV c. The cross has become the emblem of the Christian, and the shape of a cross was laid in the foundation of religious buildings. The temple was constructed in terms of a rectangular shape, in which the cross is inscribed. Above redokrestiem being constructed dome.
The Cathedral is built using multiple domes on the type of Russian wooden churches in two tiers at the sides and in the center - domes of different sizes, a total of nine, so Foros Church reminds the Moscow Church of the late eighteenth century. The temple is unique in its location. He not only built on a cliff, but is not as usual Orthodox churches. The fact that it is not converted to the east, and toward the sea. This feature is inherent only to South Coast temples.
The uniqueness lies in the fact that to finish the temple were brought real specialists mosaic studio of the famous Italian Antonio Salviatti of Vincenzo. The mosaic floor is reminiscent of ancient mosaic Hersonissos. Columns, panels, window sills are made of Carrara marble. Carved oak iconostasis gilded royal doors decorated temples, almost all the icons in the temple belonged to the hand of famous Russian painters A. Korzukhina with the image of Christ the Savior. regular restoration of the church was carried out in 2004. Was reconstituted pictorial decoration inside the temple, restored paintings, created a mosaic on the facade.
Peter and Paul Cathedral - 122, 5 meter
Photo: Alexander Petrosyan
Location: St. Petersburg, Russia
Years of construction: 1712-1733
Architect Domenico Trezzini
Peter and Paul Cathedral (official name - the Cathedral of the Apostles Peter and Paul) - Orthodox Cathedral in St. Petersburg in the Peter and Paul Fortress, the tomb of the Russian emperors, a monument to Peter the Great's Baroque architecture. Until 2012, the cathedral height 122, 5 meters was the tallest of the buildings of St. Petersburg. Since 2013, he is the third tallest building in the city, after the 140-meter skyscraper Leader Tower and the residential complex "Alexander Nevsky", whose height is 124 meters.
The bell tower of the Cathedral of the Resurrection - 106 meters
Location: Shuya, Russia
Years of construction: 1810-1832
Architects: Marichelli VM Savate
Resurrection Cathedral - Orthodox church in Shuya. The complex of the Resurrection Cathedral beginning of the XIX century, is known for its 106-foot bell tower - the first in Europe among the belfries, standing apart from the temples. In 1891, the third tier of the belfry was raised seventh largest bell in Russia (weighing 1270 pounds). He was cast in Moscow at the expense of big manufacturer MA Pavlova. Since 1991, the Cathedral of the Resurrection is the town church of St. Nicholas Monastery Shartomskogo - Shuya Orthodox monastery, known since 1425. Resurrection Cathedral is the tallest building in the Ivanovo region.
The Cathedral of Christ the Savior - 103 m
Photo: Dmitry Zverev
Location: Moscow, Russia
It was rebuilt Christ the Savior Cathedral is the largest cathedral of the Russian Orthodox Church. The temple is designed for 10 000 people.
Years of construction: 1995-2000
Cathedral of Christ the Savior Cathedral in Moscow - Cathedral of the Russian Orthodox Church. Existing structures - Implemented in the 1990s reconstruction of the same name outside the temple, created in the XIX century. The temple is a collective cenotaph Russian Imperial Army soldiers who died in the war with Napoleon - on the temple wall inscribed with the names of officers who died in the War of 1812 and foreign campaigns of 1797-1806 and 1814-1815. The idea of erecting a temple in memory of the salvation of the Fatherland appeared already in 1812. The majestic building was originally planned to be built by the architect AL Vitberg, but in 1832 adopted a new draft prepared by the architect KA Ton. A place for construction of the temple chosen personally by Emperor Nicholas I. His choice fell on the territory of the ancient Aleksei Monastery, which was postponed in the Red Village (now the New Alexius monastery). Funds for the construction of the temple gathered in all the churches in Russia, a huge sum - more than 15 million rubles -. It has been allocated from the state treasury.
Bookmark the Cathedral of Christ the Savior has become a national holiday with military parade and procession in Moscow, with the honoring of the veterans of the Patriotic War of 1812 and the prayers of those who died on the battlefield.
Original temple was erected in memory of Napoleon's invasion by the architect KA Ton. Construction lasted nearly 44 of the year: the Temple was laid September 23, 1839, consecrated - May 26, 1883. The temple was destroyed at the height of Stalin's reconstruction of the city 5 December 1931. It rebuilt in 1994-1997.
Isaac's Cathedral - 101 5 m
Photo: Ivan Smelov
Location: St. Petersburg, Russia
Years of construction: 1818-1858
St. Isaac's Cathedral (official name - the Cathedral of St. Isaac of Dalmatia) - the largest Orthodox church of St. Petersburg. It located on St. Isaac's Square. It has the status of the museum; registered in June 1991, the church community has the opportunity to officiate on special days with the permission of the museum management. Consecrated in the name of St. Isaac of Dalmatia, a revered saint Peter I, as the Emperor was born on the day of his memory - May 30 according to the Julian calendar.
Built in 1818-1858 years by the architect Auguste de Montferrand; oversaw the construction of the Emperor Nicholas I, chairman of the commission of construction was Carl Opperman. Was consecrated on May 30 (June 11) in 1858 the new Cathedral by Metropolitan of Novgorod, St. Petersburg, Estland and Finnish Grigory (Postnikov).
Creation Montferrand - the fourth in a row a church in honor of St. Isaac of Dalmatia, built in St. Petersburg. Internal area - more than 4000 m².
The bell tower of the Kazan Mother of God Monastery - 99, 6 m
Location: Tambov, Russia
Years of construction: 2009-2014
Kazan Mother of God Monastery - Monastery of the Tambov diocese of the Russian Orthodox Church. The buildings of the monastery is the Tambov Theological Seminary. The monastery is a Sunday school for children and adults. Multi-storey monastery bell tower, completed construction in 1848, demolished in the Soviet times. At the site of the bell tower built school building number 32. August 10, 2007 held a celebration Cross consecration and laying the cornerstone of the bell tower.
In the spring of 2009 began construction of a new bell tower gate. . The height of the arch travel 7, 5 meters, width - 6, 5 m At the beginning of August 2009 the prosecutor's office area at the request of one of the deputies of the regional Duma answered the bell tower of a building permit, the presence of which is provided by the Town Planning Code of the Russian Federation, in the Tambov diocese there. But the "grounds for the prosecutor's intervention no." On the morning of July 27, 2011 the bell tower raised by helicopter and installed the 20-meter spire design (weighing about 4 tons).
The bell tower of the Cathedral of the Annunciation - 97 m
Photo: Denis Bychkov
Location: Voronezh, Russian Federation
Years of construction: 1998-2009
Architect: V. Shevelev
Annunciation Cathedral - Orthodox church Russian Orthodox church located in the center of the city of Voronezh. Erected by architect VP Shevelyova in Russian-Byzantine style. The Cathedral is located on the Avenue of the Revolution on the territory of Pervomaisky Garden. The height of the temple is 85 meters, and its highest point - 97 meters. It is the third largest in the Russian Orthodox church and one of the tallest Orthodox churches in the world. Construction was carried out from 1998 to 2009. The construction of the temple blessed Patriarch of Moscow and All Russia Alexy II during his visit to Voronezh.
The Great Lavra Bell Tower - 96, 5 meters
Location: Kiev, Ukraine
Years of construction: 1731-1745
Architect: Johann Gottfried Schädel
Great Lavra Bell Tower - the dominant high-altitude Kiev-Pechersk Lavra; over one and a half centuries remained the tallest building in Ukraine. Currently, she is inclined by 62 cm in the north-east direction.
The bell tower was built in 1731-1745 years by the architect Johann Gottfried Schedel. Under the contract, Schedel had to build it in three years, but the construction will last much longer. It swallowed up all the reserves and led to stop the construction of other objects of the monastery. With the construction of the bell tower about five million bricks of various shapes and sizes were used. Highly artistic ceramics produced on the Lavra brick factory under the supervision of Schedel.
In 1903, instead of the hours of the XVIII century new chimes made by Moscow masters were installed. The mechanism is put hours once a week by means of a manual winch. Chime every quarter of an hour. The bell tower was damaged when, during World War II in 1941, was blown up by the Assumption Cathedral, standing next to her. Restoration work was completed in 1961. Bell tower blends into the ensemble of the monastery and the whole Pechersk. It can be seen from afar, 25-30 km from the city. To climb to the top of it, it is necessary to overcome the 374 steps.
The Savior-Transfiguration Cathedral - 96 m
Years of construction: 2001-2004
Place: Khabarovsk, Russia
Spaso-Preobrazhensky Cathedral - Orthodox Cathedral in Khabarovsk, erected on a steep bank of the Amur in 2001-2004. It is the tallest building in Khabarovsk.
The construction of the Cathedral in Khabarovsk blessed Patriarch of Moscow and All Russia Alexy II. The first stone of the temple was laid in 2001. October 16, 2003 the Bishop of Khabarovsk and Amur Mark served thanksgiving service at the end of construction. Golden-domed cathedral with five domes being constructed with donations inhabitants of the region, sponsored funds of enterprises and organizations. The height of the domes of the Transfiguration Cathedral is 83 meters, the height of a cross - 95 meters. For comparison - the height of the Radio House, located next door to the church, a little more than 40 meters. The temple was built by the architect Yuri ZHIVETYEVA, Nicholas Prokudina and Evgeny Semenov. The frescoes inside the church (on the dome of the Savior Pantocrator and the apostles) carried out a group of Moscow artists specially invited for the occasion in Khabarovsk Khabarovsk bishop and Priamurskaya Mark. Spaso-Preobrazhensky Cathedral in the state at the same time to take three thousand parishioners.
The bell tower of the Transfiguration Cathedral - 93, 8 meters
Photo: Vyacheslav Sirotkin
Location: Rybinsk, Russia
Years of construction: 1797-1804Cpaso Transfiguration Cathedral (Cathedral of the Transfiguration of the Lord) in Rybinsk - the cathedral church of the Diocese of Rybinsk, Yaroslavl Metropolitan of the Russian Orthodox Church. By Type - domed central-domed church, received an emergency distribution in the period of Russian classicism. The central part surmounted by a spherical dome cathedral based on girth arches slung between four powerful heptagonal plan pillars; angular portion of the main volume of complete four small light drum, with domes. The remaining space of the cathedral, including the refectory, covered with barrel vaults. Cathedral has a plan view ravnokonechnogo cross inscribed in a square, and is a system of a central volume and harmonically related rectangular volumes altar and aisles. The side wings of the cathedral gable end with a six porticos with wide STAIRS. From the west to the central nave adjoins a narrow gallery, a refectory, connecting the temple with a bell tower. The cathedral can hold up to 4 million people.
The decoration of the Cathedral, typical of late classicism, limited to a few expressive details. The walls are pierced by two rows of windows: the bottom of the arch, and above - round, around the perimeter of the building passes the final cornice. Porticoes decorated with pilasters and Corinthian columns, light drums - Corinthian semi-columns. Milled plated dome on top of the decorated dormer 16 and ends with a gallery dome. The lateral facades are completed deaf decorative gables. Frescoes and iconostasis is not preserved. Architectural feature bell tower are arranged inside the corner pillars round chamber; in the western two chambers are placed ladders leading to the tier of ringing. The decoration of the bell tower is made in the tradition of early Classicism with Baroque elements. The bell tower is surmounted by an octagonal hipped roof and high-faceted gilded spire and eight-pointed cross. In the design used bell tower 52 column, which visually is not only facilitate high structure, but also create a sense of rapid upward movement.
The bell tower of the Church of Peter and Paul - 93, 7 meters
Photo: Konstantin Kostyuchenko
Location: village. Riverlands-Fish, Yaroslavl region, Russia
Years of construction: 1772-1779
Temple complex (Church and Peter Paul and Nikita Martyr with bell) previously wood, later made of stone, located in the central area of the cathedral sat Porechie-Fish. The ensemble of the center is an architectural masterpiece of the Rostov land - grand porechenskaya bell tower, built in 1772-1779, respectively. Its height is about 94 meters higher than the famous Ivan the Great Bell. In order to overcome the dissatisfaction of the synod, warned of a reluctance to give permission for such a building, the bell tower in the Riverlands set at a low place.
During the Soviet time the complex was destroyed. Inside the church the remains of the stone altar screen, typical of Rostov the end of the seventeenth century buildings, fragments of wonderful, made with great skill frescoes. The famous bell tower began to restore even in the seventies of the last century, but never completed: the second tier, and now stands in the woods.
The bell tower Ugresha Monastery - 93 m
Photo: Gennady Klimov
Location: Dzerzhinsky, Moscow Region, Russia
Years of construction: 1758-1763, rebuilt in 1859
The monastery was founded in 1380 by Grand Prince Dmitry Donskoy on the site of appearance of the icon of St. Nicholas. According to legend this is where the army of the Grand Duke stopped to rest on the way to the field Kulikov. The phenomenon of the icon of Dmitry Donskoy strengthened faith and hope, why the Holy Prince said, "This whole Ugresha my heart" ( "It's all warmed my heart"). Since this place is called Ugresha, and the monastery of St. Nicholas Ugreshskaya.
The bell tower of St. Nicholas Berlyukovskoy desert - 90, 3 meters
Position:. Avdotyino, Moscow region, Russia
Years of construction: 1895-1899
Architect: A. Kaminsky
Nicholas Berlyukovsky Monastery - Monastery on the outskirts of the village Avdotyino, Vorya on the river, 42 kilometers north-east of Moscow, on the territory of the Noginsk district, Moscow region. In 1606, on the future site of St. Nicholas Berlyukovskoy settled desert monk Barlaam, who came here from the neighboring Poles ravaged Stromynsky Assumption Monastery. The name of the future of the desert - Berlyukovskaya - a popular tradition associated with the name thief Berlyuka (the nickname means "wolf", "animal" or "person with a severe character").
According to tradition, the monastery of the Assumption Baptist to Barlaam came two old women - Evdokia Abbess Juliana and treasurer; they brought with them the ancient icon of St. Nicholas, which Barlaam placed in a specially felled wooden chapel of St. Nicholas. After some time, their efforts and with the help of the local people at the site of this chapel was erected a stone church in honor of St. Nicholas the Wonderworker.
At the beginning of 1701 the temple becomes a farmstead Moscow Chudov monastery. Immediately after that, here come a few people in the fraternity, led by the rector of Pachomius. In the same year on donations Moscow merchant Vikulov Martynov built a new stone church in the name of St. Nicholas.
The monastery was abolished by June 29, 1920. Most of the buildings of the former monastery were transferred to the House of persons with disabilities; brothers for some time belonged to a church of All Saints with cells.
Most of the monastery buildings are now owned by Psychiatric Hospital of Moscow Health Department: in fraternal buildings - tubercular dispensary, in Trinity Church - the catering department, in the temple of St. Basil the Great - Hospital Administration. Kazan church and monastery cemetery is completely destroyed. In 1993, during a storm with the wind tore ancient cross monastery bell tower. In the autumn of 2002 the community was registered at the monastery church of Christ the Savior. Decree Metropolitan Krutitsy and Kolomna Juvenal its rector was appointed monk Evmeny (Lagutin). December 19, 2004 in the basement of the church of Christ the Savior was served the first Divine Liturgy. That same year, the community was transferred to Christ the Savior Cathedral, bell tower and the territory of the monastery garden. Community-undergoing restoration work in the monastery.
The winter of 2006 at a meeting of the Holy Synod under the chairmanship of Patriarch Alexy the Second coming of Christ the Savior Cathedral is officially transformed into a male Berlyukovsky Nicholas Monastery. In August 2006, pyatnadtsatimetrovaya gilded cupola with a cross was installed at the monastery bell tower.
Bell Tower Church of the Resurrection in Tesino - 90 m
Photo: Vladimir Pobedinsky
Location: village Vichuga, Ivanovo Oblast, Russia
Years of construction: 1908-1911
Architect: I. Kuznetsov
Resurrection Church (Red Church) in Tesino is located in Vichuga Ivanovo region on the territory of the Tesino (former village, now a district of the city). One of the largest churches in Central Russia, a monument to Russian religious architecture beginning of the XX century in the neo-Russian style, preserve the unique design of the facades majolica panels. The church was built under the project of Moscow architect Igor Kuznetsov means local industrialist IA Kokoreva in memory of the tragically deceased daughter. The Resurrection Church was realized unification plan into a harmonious whole two iconic elements of ancient Russian nation - the Assumption Cathedral and Ivan the Great Bell.
The monumental building of enormous size, on the composition-oriented form of the Assumption Cathedral of the Moscow Kremlin architecture, a very peculiar type varies cathedral church, five-headed and three naves, but without pillars. Powerful cubic volume of two rows of windows with three large semicircles apsides crowned and coated pozakomarnym high light cylindrical drum heads with a larger average. The original game role buttresses rendered strongly blade member which fronts on three fence (average - slightly elevated) with semicircular zakomaras. Unusual protrusions at the center of the side facades with large, tiled with majolica-eksedrami niches where the inputs are arranged with sloping ladders before them. Low covered porch connects the west facade of the high five-storied bell - prototype of which is great in pillar Ivan Kremlin. Resurrection church bell tower is made narrower than the bell tower of the Moscow Kremlin, echoing figuratively with smokestacks (symbols of local prosperity at the beginning of the XX century), but slightly higher (height - 90 m) prototype in Moscow (it was a personal wish of Ivan Kokoreva). Large, ravnovysoky temple quadrangular bell tower with two light zakomary on each facade bears hollow octagon with three rows of corbel arches; above is a slender octagon with tier ringing, and a row of corbel arches, and then - even smaller octagon with narrow arched openings, the transition to the cylindrical drum head are three rows of small corbel "vperebezhku". Lost gilded inscription in two rows under the dome of the bell tower before further emphasizes the similarity of Ivan the Great. For the temple bell at the factory Zabenkinyh in Kostroma was cast by a giant bell weighing 1700 pounds (over 27 tonnes).
Alexander bell tower of the Cathedral of the Assumption - 89, 5 meters
Location: Kharkiv, Ukraine
Years of construction: 1821-1841
Architects: E. Vasiliev, Tone
Cathedral of the Assumption (Uspensky Cathedral) - one of the oldest Orthodox churches in Kharkov. The fifth of the twelve official symbols of the city. Built in 1685-1687, respectively. In the XVII century, rebuilt several times. In 1924, it was closed in 1929, partially disassembled. From 1920's to early 1940's served as a city radio station building, in the post-war years - a room for workshops sewing enterprise. In 1950-1980-ies underwent a comprehensive restoration. Since 1986 - the House of Organ and Chamber Music of the Kharkov Regional Philharmonic. Since 1990 - the current temple of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church (Moscow Patriarchate).
Located in the city center on the University hill on the banks of the river Lopan. Quarter occupied cathedral limited University street, street Kvitki Osnovyanenko and Soviet lane. Cathedral bell tower - the tenth of the height of a stone building in Kharkiv and the second highest bell tower in Ukraine
The bell tower of the Trinity-Sergius Lavra - 88 m
Photo: Viktor Klimkin
Location: Russia, Moscow region, Sergiev Posad.
Years of construction: 1740-1770
Architects: DV Ukhtomsky, JF Michurin
Trinity-Sergius Lavra - the largest orthodox male monastery stauropegic Russia, located in the center of Sergiev Posad, Moscow Region, on Konchury river. The date of foundation of the monastery is considered to be a settlement of Sergius of Radonezh on Makovtsa in 1337. However, some historians believe that it happened in 1342.
Since 1688 the Patriarchal stavropegic. July 8, 1742 by imperial decree of Elizabeth convent was given the status and name of the laurels; June 22, 1744 was followed by a decree of the Holy Synod Archimandrite Arseny about naming the Trinity Monastery of St. Sergius Lavra. It was closed April 20, 1920 Decree of the Council of People's Commissars "On the inversion of the museum of historical and artistic values of the Trinity Lavra of St. Sergius"; renewed in the spring of 1946.
In the Middle Ages, at certain moments of history, the monastery played a prominent role in the political life of the North-Eastern Russia; It has been a mainstay of power and the people. According to the accepted historiography of the church, he took part in the struggle against the Mongol-Tatar yoke; False Dmitry II opposed the supporters of the government in the Time of Troubles.
Alexander Nevsky Cathedral (Novoyarmarochny) - 87 m
Location: Nizhny Novgorod, Russia
Years of construction: 1867-1880
Architect: Lev Vladimirovich Dahl, and Robert Y. Kileveyn
Consecrated in 1881, again in 1992, a full rank - in 1999. In 1817, famous throughout Russia Makarevskaya Fair from under the walls Zheltovodskogo Macarius Monastery was transferred to Nizhny Novgorod. On the territory of the fair it was built by the Savior Cathedral designed by Auguste Montferrand, but one of the temple was not enough. It was decided to erect another church for the Nizhny Novgorod Fair. In 1856, the merchant to apply for the construction of a new cathedral in Nizhny Novgorod Bishop Anthony (1857 - 1860), he, in turn, - the governor Alexander Nikolayevich Muravyov, who gave the proper course of business in 1858.
In the same year, Nizhny Novgorod visited the Emperor Alexander II with his wife and daughter. The merchants in the memory of this visit decided to build a church with three altars. It was decided to build a church on the Strelitz - the confluence of the Oka and Volga. Temple centric, pyatishatrovy architectural mass of the porch and the side tents are growing up, rushing to a powerful central tent with a large head. The height of the temple is 87 meters.
The temple was a meeting place for the honored guests. The cathedral was closed in 1929 - 1930 years, during the Soviet era warehouse was located in the premises of the temple. During the Great Patriotic War on the central drum of Alexander Nevski Cathedral was anti-aircraft battery, defending Nizhniy Novgorod sky from enemy raids. In 40-ies in the building of the temple there was a fire, which destroyed the interior of the cathedral and painting on the ceiling and walls. After that, the remnants of the internal plaster was completely shot down. In 1983 he began the restoration of the cathedral.
In July 1991, during the transfer of the relics of St. Seraphim of Sarov, the temple was visited by His Holiness Patriarch of Moscow and All Russia Alexy II. In September 1991, in the cathedral and adjacent territory began restoration and reconstruction work, which continues to this day. It is the tallest building in the Nizhny Novgorod region.
Holy Trinity Cathedral of Tbilisi - 86 m
Location: Tbilisi, Georgia
Years of construction: 1995-2004
Holy Trinity Cathedral of Tbilisi (in Georgian - "Holy Trinity"); Holy Trinity Cathedral in Tbilisi - the main cathedral of the Georgian Orthodox Church; in Tbilisi, communication on a hill. Elijah (left bank of the Kura). In the cathedral of Thrones 13; the lower church in honor of the Annunciation; separately worth belfry. The construction of the new cathedral was planned in 1989 on the occasion of the 1500th anniversary of the autocephaly of the Georgian Church and in commemoration of the 2000th anniversary of Christianity. Competition for the construction of the church won sustained in the spirit of the retrospective project Archil Mindiashvili. The height of the upper house is 68 meters (without nadkupolnogo cross Cross 7, 5 m); length from east to west - 77 meters from north to south - 65 meters; total area - more than 5 thousand square meters.
The temple was founded November 23, 1995; construction was carried out on the donations of ordinary citizens and prominent businessmen. The first worship service in a newly built cathedral was made December 25, 2002. Consecrated exactly 9 years after the laying of the day of Saint George - the heavenly patron of Georgia; consecration rite performed Patriarch-Catholicos Ilia II concelebrated by the bishops and clergy of the Georgian Church, as well as representatives of Constantinople, Alexandria, Antioch, Russian, Serbian, Romanian, Cyprus, the Greek, Polish, Albanian church, the Orthodox Church in America.
After the consecration of the Cathedral of the Trinity from Zion Department Catholicos of Georgia was moved.
Timisoara Cathedral - 83, 7 meters
Photo: service-user Yandex Photos arctickfox1911
Location: Timisoara, Romania
Years of construction: 1936-1940
Timisoara Three Saints Cathedral - Cathedral in Timisoara, it refers to the Metropolis of Banat Romanian Orthodox Church. Built in 1936-1940 years of concrete and brick and is dedicated to the Three Hierarchs-Hierarchs: Basil the Great, Gregory the Theologian and John Chrysostom. However, because of the war decoration was finished only in 1956. The highest council of the Romanian Orthodox Church.
Three Saints Cathedral is built in a traditional Romanian-Moldovan style of temple architecture (with elements of Carpathian style). There are 9 large and 4 small towers. The height of the cathedral - 83, 7 meters, is the tallest church in the country and one of the tallest Orthodox churches. cathedral length - 63 m, width -. 32 m Inside may be more than four thousand congregation.
Ryazan Kremlin bell tower - 83 meters 2
Location: Ryazan, Russia
Years of construction: 1789-1840
Architects: SA Vorotilov, JF Russian, KA Ton, NI Voronikhin
Ryazan Kremlin - the oldest part of the city of Ryazan Historical and Architectural Museum-Reserve in the open air, one of the oldest museums in Russia. Situated high on a steep hill, surrounded by rivers and Trubezh Lybed and a dry moat. A monument of architecture and nature reserve of federal importance, included in the State Register of especially valuable objects of the peoples of the Russian Federation.
Cathedral of the Assumption and the cathedral bell tower designed in such a way that their silhouettes are visible from a distance in the city, and for him. In XVIII - first half of XX century, they were the natural visual cues for navigation on Oka. In good weather, the spiers and domes of the Kremlin can be seen at a sufficiently large distance from the city.
Cathedral of the Assumption Cathedral and bell tower are also a logical architectural completion of Cathedral Street.
The bell tower of All Saints Cathedral - 82 m
Photo: Avgrun (wikimedia)
Location: Tula, Russia
Years of construction: 1776-1825
Architect: VF Fedoseyev
All Saints Cathedral - Orthodox Cathedral in Tula. The temple, built on an elevated part of the city, visible from almost all points of the city. The architectural solution of the church of All Saints is characterized as a transition from the baroque to the classical style. In style temple dates from the early Russian classicism 1760-1770 period.
Big windows in the overall design of facades give the building a civil rather than a religious character. The architectural solution of the church, started a year after the building of the Academy of Arts in St. Petersburg, under the obvious influence of the outstanding creations and Kokorinov la Mothe.
In 1803, the elder of the Church of All Saints merchant V. Kurbatov was given a book to raise money for the construction of the bell tower. Means going very slowly. To build the bell tower began only in 1833, and a quarter of a century, it is not brought up to half. Then, the construction continued at an accelerated pace and was completed in 1863. Three-tiered bell tower, topped by a high spire, located on one of the highest points of Tula, was the dominant vertical city. It closes a Prospects several streets (Pirogov, Timiryazev and others). Bell Tower Project author was a disciple of the famous architect Carlo Rossi VF Fedoseyev. Between the beginning of construction of the church and the bell tower it has been more than half a century, but VF Fedoseyev was able to maintain the unity of the architectural ensemble of All Saints by creative rethinking of the forms of the church building. Baroque complexity of the plan of the temple is reflected in the difficult construction of the lower tier of the belfry. Nothing supporting columns of the lower tier, porticoes with paired columns at the corners on the upper tiers of the same elements in common with the temple building. The bell tower is decorated with four figures of angels heralding the Second Coming of Christ and the Last Judgment. They have been manufactured and installed at the expense churchwarden merchant Nicholas G. Pirozhnikova.
The bell tower of Holy Trinity Monastery - 81, 6 m
Location: Alatyr, Russia
Years of construction: 2006-2011
Architects: Verdin VA, VA Silukov
Holy Trinity Monastery - Orthodox Monastery in Alatyr (Chuvashia). Founded in 1584 Trinity Cathedral, with the Chapel of St. Sergius church in honor of Our Lady of Kazan, cave church, residential and farm buildings. All buildings are stone XVIII-XIX centuries. The monument of cultural history. In 1995 he transferred to the Cheboksary, Chuvash Diocese.
The monastery became famous in connection with the activities of the Gentiles Schemamonk Bassion. belfry size allow you to see its spire and hear the ringing of its bells, of which highlights the 18-ton bell, almost anywhere in the old city. It was built in the traditional style of the temple XI-XII centuries and reminds the tower of the Moscow Kremlin, the famous temple of the Assumption of the State Historical and Architectural Museum-Reserve "Kolomenskoye" and other ancient temples and bell tent type. Characteristically, in Sura existed tent temple-bell tower of the Kazan Mother of God, which the townspeople considered an architectural symbol of the city Alatyr (tent of the temple has been lost as a result of the recent fire).
Steeple forms a single architectural complex with standing near bunk Holy Trinity Cathedral Friary. In that and other facilities used by the elements of the Byzantine style, in particular, a common decorative element is a Byzantine cross (according to the book "History of the Cross forms of development", the publication of the Orthodox Brotherhood in the name of the Exaltation of the Holy Cross, Moscow, 1997), which, in accordance with the Russian heraldry had on their coats of arms, before the October revolution of 1917, some Russian cities. Total building area - 1900, 2 m² (including the basement - 269 m² and an open gallery - 120, 1 m²). At the base of the bell tower is "pile field" consisting of 226 bored piles and a length of 9 m and a diameter of 0, 5 m each. Above the piles is filled with reinforced concrete slab 1 m high. The area of the bell tower construction of the building is 496 m² 9, including the open gallery 120 from the second floor, 1 m².
Belfry, bell tower in the building, located at a height of 26 m above ground level. It bells 14 are arranged in three tiers on 2 levels. The weight of the biggest bells 8, 6 and 18 tons. In total there are 14 levels of the bell tower (floors), connected by a staircase.
Uniqueness steeple, besides the original combination of concrete construction with bricklaying, are the presence of the elevator by means of which can be reached from the first to the fifth floor and mechanical chimes arranged at a height 41, 7 m from the ground level with dials facing the four sides of the bell tower, the diameter of each of which is 3 to 12 m.
Ivan the Great Bell - 81 m
Location: The Kremlin, Moscow, Russia
Years of construction: 1505-1508
Architect: Bon Fryazin
Ivan the Great Bell - the church bell tower, located in the Cathedral Square of the Moscow Kremlin. At the base of the bell tower is the church of st. John of the Ladder. The bell tower is an example of the influence of the Italian tradition of building freestanding bell tower. After the add-in to a height of 81 m in 1600 (under Boris Godunov), the bell tower was the tallest building in Russia prior to the beginning of the XVIII century.
The bell tower Sarov Monastery - 81 m
Photo: Alex Malantsev
Location: Russia, Sarov
Years of construction: 1789-1799
Architect: KI Blank
Sarov Monastery - Monastery, founded in the beginning of the XVIII century in the city of Sarov in the north of the Tambov province in Temnikov County (now Sarov - a part of the Nizhny Novgorod region). It is known as a place where labored St. Seraphim of Sarov, revered Orthodox ascetic saint.
The Savior on the Blood - 81 m
Location: St. Petersburg, Russia
Years of construction: 1883-1907Cobor Resurrection on Spilled Blood or Church of the Savior on the Spilled Blood - Orthodox odnoprestolny Memorial Church of the Resurrection of Christ; erected in memory of the fact that at this point 1 (13) in March 1881 as a result of the attempt was mortally wounded Tsar Alexander II (the expression on the blood indicates the king of the blood). The temple was built as a monument to the Tsar-Martyr funds collected throughout Russia.
Located in the historical center of St. Petersburg on the bank of the Griboyedov Canal next to the Mikhailovsky Garden and the Stables area. The nine temple height 81 m, the capacity to 1,600. A museum and a monument of Russian architecture.
The temple was built by decree of Emperor Alexander III in 1883-1907 years under the joint project of the architect Alfred Parland and Archimandrite Ignatius (Malyshev), which later withdrew from the building. The project was implemented in the "Russian style" is somewhat reminiscent of the Moscow Cathedral of St. Basil. The construction lasted for 24 years. August 19, 1907, the cathedral was consecrated.
The bell tower of the Savior Cathedral - 81 m
Location: Penza, Russia
Years of construction: Under construction
Architect: Cherubim OG
In 1822, the square was erected the most grandiose and spectacular building of Penza - Spassky Cathedral and the area became known as the Cathedral. At various times there were Russian Emperors Alexander I, Nicholas I, Alexander II, and twice Nicholas II (the first time, as the heir to the throne, and the second time already as an autocrat.
In 1923Cpassky Cathedral it was closed the following year placed under the archive. In 1934 Spassky Cathedral was blown up. In 1999 on the site of the cathedral blown construction of the chapel was begun. In 2011, the restoration of the cathedral.
November 5, 1960 on the site of the altar of the cathedral was opened more durable monument to Karl Marx sculptor SS Alshina and architect G. Zakharov. He stood for 50 years until 2011, when it was moved to a temporary storage location until the issue of a new location in order to make room for the restored for the 350th anniversary of Penza Spassky Cathedral. Also it was proposed to rename the area back to the Catholic.
Temple of Saint Sava - 79 m
Location: Belgrade, Serbia
Years of construction: 1935-2004
Architects: Alexander Deroko and Bogdan Nestorovich
Temple of Saint Sava in Belgrade, in Vracar - the temple of the Serbian Orthodox Church, which is the high altar was consecrated in honor of the first Serbian archbishop and a national hero of Saint Sava of Serbia (1175-1236). Erected on the site of the burning of the last relics of the Ottoman authorities in 1594. One of the largest Orthodox churches in the world. In the finished construction of the building of the cathedral continue finishing work
The architects used the classic style of the era of the Byzantine emperor Justinian I. The direct model served as the main church of the Byzantine Empire - the St. Sophia Cathedral in Constantinople. However, its layout Temple of Saint Sava is still different from the sample of Constantinople, as a merger between the Basilica and the central structure here was not carried out. Serbian medieval style element is the addition of the four towers around the main dome.
Having dimensions of 91 m x 81 m and covering an area of 7570 m², Temple St. Sava corresponds approximately to scale Sophia Cathedral, but has a larger diameter dome (35 m) and a greater height (65 m).
Trinity Cathedral - 78 m
Location: Pskov, Russia
Years of construction: 1682-1699Cvyato Trinity Cathedral in Pskov - Orthodox church, the Cathedral of the Diocese of Pskov and Porkhov. Is part of the architectural ensemble of the Pskov Chrome is its main structure.
Today, the fourth in a row, the cathedral was built in 1699, in the same place, where there were previous temples. The first cathedral built in the X century, by order of Princess Olga, was made of wood, and stood up to the first half of the XII century, when it was destroyed by fire. The second cathedral was already a stone, and laid on the church legend, in 1138 the Holy Prince Vsevolod Mstislavich (Research NN Voronin, PA Rappoport and YP Spegalsky - at the end of 1180h - 1190h early years). In 1363, there was a collapse of the vault of the temple, and in 1365 on the basis of the old new cathedral laid. In 1609, during a severe fire in the Kremlin exploded gunpowder storehouse, and the blast had destroyed the third building of the cathedral. the construction of the fourth cathedral, have survived was completed in 1699. It is still the tallest building in the Pskov region.
Big Zlatoust (Maximilianovskaya Church) - 77 m
Location: Yekaterinburg, Russian Federation
Years of construction: 1755 - 1930
Temple bell tower, which was destroyed in 1930 and reconstructed in 2006 - 2013 in the vicinity of its historical foundation. History of the design and construction of the temple differs extraordinary confusion - several times in the capital did not claim sent from Ekaterinburg project documents. The very same building, which eventually was named Big Chrysostom, according to the approved project was to serve only as a bell tower at the entrance to a magnificent temple, similar to the Moscow Church of Christ the Savior, but due to lack of funds the project was not implemented, and the bell tower was consecrated as a temple. The result is a unique temple layout, it is not typical for its time - a similar ilk such as churches under the bells, build in Russian kingdom in the late XV - the first half of the XVI century, at which the ringing stage located directly above the location of the temple.
The bell tower of St John the Theologian Poschupovskogo monastery - 76 m
Photo: Elena Petrova (Member of Russian Photo club)
Location: Poschupovo village, Ryazan region, Russia
Years of construction: between 1150 - 1900
John the Theologian Monastery - Monastery of the Ryazan diocese of the Russian Orthodox Church, on the right bank of the Oka, in the village of Poschupovo Rybnovskij region Ryazan region, 25 kilometers north of the city of Ryazan.
It is believed that the monastery began in the late XII and early XIII century and was founded by Greek monks missionaries who brought with them the miraculous icon of the Apostle John, written in the VI century Byzantine orphan boy. This image was the main shrine of the Theological monastery.
In XVI - first half of XVII century the monastery was repeatedly ravaged by the Crimean Tatars, but always revived (sources mention, in particular, the ruin in 1534 and 1572 years).
The revival of the monastery is connected with the name of David Ivanovich Khludov - hereditary honorary citizen, a merchant of the first guild. In 1930, the monks of the monastery headed by the elderly abbot Archimandrite Zosima (Musatov) were arrested and sentenced to various terms of reference to Kazakhstan. The monastery itself was closed and abolished. In 1988, St. John the Theologian monastery was returned to the Russian Orthodox Church. Vicar of the monastery was Archimandrite Abel (Macedonia). Since that time, the restoration of the ruined monastery began.
Not far from the monastery is a sacred source, known as a healing among the Orthodox. Near the source of the font is open year round to visitors.
Holy Trinity Cathedral - 75, 6 m
Location: Morshansk, Russia
Years of construction: 1836-1857
The project was approved in 1830 with the note "not to build up Isaac." Cathedral of Trinity (Trinity Cathedral) - second Cathedral Michurinskaya and Morshanskoye diocese of the Russian Orthodox Church, the main Orthodox church in the city of Tambov region Morshansk. The majestic building of Trinity Cathedral seen dozens of kilometers away from the city.
Cathedral of the Assumption - 75 m
Location: Astrakhan, Russia
Years of construction: 1699-1710
Cathedral of the Assumption (official name - the Cathedral of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary) - the largest Orthodox church Astrakhan. It located on the territory of the Astrakhan Kremlin. Built in 1699-1710 years under the leadership of stone Goldsmiths Dorofei Myakisheva; He oversaw the construction of the Metropolitan Sampson.
Assumption Cathedral is considered one of the best examples of Russian church architecture of the beginning of the XVIII century, and is the only surviving architectural temple complexes in Russia, where the temple and place of execution connected.
Ascension Cathedral - 74, 6 m
Place: Novocherkassk Russia
Years of construction: 1891-1904
The military Cossack Cathedral in the capital of the Great Don Army. Voznesensky military Patriarchal Cathedral - Orthodox church in Novocherkassk, the second cathedral of the Diocese of Rostov and Novocherkassk, and the main temple of the Don Cossacks. Patriarchal Cathedral of the Patriarch of Moscow and All Russia (2014). Here lie the remains of Don chieftains MI Platov, V. Orlov-Denisov, IE Efremova, YP Baklanov.
Ascension Cathedral - 74 meters
Photo: Peter Ushanov
Location: Elec, Russia
Years of construction: 1845-1889Cobor is one of the two tallest buildings in the Lipetsk region. Main Orthodox church in the city of Yelets, Yelets cathedral of the diocese. The building shakes whopping their size, height, together with cross Cathedral is 74 m, length 84 m, width of 34 meters. Located on the Red Square - the central part of Yelets.
Architectural and building spatial composition formed from a large cuboid quadrangular crowned five heads having lukovidnuyu shape and resting on octagonal light drums refectory and unfinished steeple. The altar of the cathedral has three semi-circular apse. Temple chetyrohstolpny, floor. Huge podkletny floor and foundations are made of limestone blocks, building brick walls and dome. The exterior design of the building architect used the stylized forms of Russian and Byzantine architecture adopted for small ancient temples. Among them arkaturny belt, pipes, columns, keel corbel arches, architraves in the form of "daisies". At the same time narrow high windows are elements of classicism.
All Saints Church - 74 meters
Location: Minsk, Belarus
Years of construction: 2006-2008
All Saints Church (full name - Minsk Memorial Church of All Saints, and in memory of the victims, the salvation of our fatherland served) - the temple of the Belarusian Exarchate of the Russian Orthodox Church. The height of the church - 72 meters, together with a cross - 74. At the same time the temple will take 1200 worshipers. It located in Minsk, at the intersection of Kalinowski and All Saints.
Christ the Savior Cathedral - 73 meters
Location: Kaliningrad, Russia
Years of construction: 2004-2006
Christ the Savior Cathedral - the main Orthodox church in Kaliningrad, built by the architect Oleg Kopylov. Designed for 3000 people. Height (cross) reaches 73 meters. The temple is located on the central square of Kaliningrad - the Victory Square. The temple was built in the style of Vladimir-Suzdal temple architecture. Was built in 1995 (set the foundation stone). In 1996, Russian President Boris Yeltsin and Metropolitan Kirill at the base of buildings laid a capsule with earth taken from Moscow's Christ the Savior Cathedral. Construction actively promoted the region's Governor Leonid Gorbenko. Upper Church of the Nativity was consecrated September 10, 2006 Patriarch Alexy II, consecrated timed to the 20th anniversary of the opening of the first Orthodox church in Kaliningrad.
Lower Church of the Holy Face of the Savior was consecrated September 27, 2007, Metropolitan of Smolensk and Kaliningrad Kirill (Gundyaeva). The temple was established in 1996 transferred to St. Prince Vladimir brotherhood from Germany here, "Memel" iconostasis, created during the Seven Years' War for the Russian garrison in Memel (now - Klaipeda). At the suggestion of the chairman of this fraternity, GA Rar, the lower church is the temple of glory and is the temple-monument in memory of the Russian soldiers who died in the Seven Years' War, the Napoleonic Wars, World War I and World War II in East Prussia, the present Kaliningrad area.
December 22, 2012 His Holiness consecrated the new building of the gymnasium at the cathedral.
Kazan Cathedral - 71, 6 meters
Photo: Sergey Luks
Location: St. Petersburg, Russia
Years of construction: 1801-1811
Emperor Paul I wished that the construction of the temple of his command was like the majestic St. Peter's Basilica in Rome. Kazan Cathedral (Cathedral of the Kazan Icon of the Mother of God) - one of the largest churches of St. Petersburg, made in the Empire style. Built on the Nevsky Prospekt in 1801-1811 by the architect A. Voronikhin storage revered list of the miraculous icon of the Mother of God of Kazan. After the war of 1812 has gained importance of the monument to Russian military glory. In 1813 here he was buried commander Mikhail Kutuzov and placed the keys to take the city, and other spoils of war. In 1932, it converted into a museum of history of religion and atheism, since 1991 the current church, a few years co-exist with the exposition. Since 2000 - the Cathedral of the St. Petersburg diocese of the Russian Orthodox Church. The abbot - Fr Paul Krasnotsvetov.
Cathedral gave the name of the street of Kazan, Kazan island in the Neva delta and Kazan Bridge at the intersection of Nevsky Prospect and Griboyedov Canal.
Holy Trinity Cathedral - 71 meters 2
Location: Magadan, Russia
Years of construction: 2001-2011
Temple-monument to victims of political repression. It is the tallest building in the Magadan region. Holy Trinity Cathedral (Cathedral of the Trinity) - Magadan Cathedral of the Diocese of the Russian Orthodox Church. Temple-monument to victims of political repression, the second largest Orthodox church in the Far East. The total area of the Council in view of the adjacent territory -. More than 9 thousand square meters. meters.
The prototype of architectural volumetric solutions Holy Trinity Cathedral served as the old Russian Vladimir-Novgorod architecture. The main staircase leading to the cathedral, in grandeur is comparable to the Spanish Steps in Rome. Trinity Cathedral is one of the highest in Russia: the height of the central dome with a cross - 71, 2 m.
Kronstadt Naval Cathedral - 70, 6 meters
Location: Kronstadt, Russia
Years of construction: 1902-1913
Naval Cathedral of St. Nicholas - the last and largest of the Naval Cathedral of the Russian Empire. It built in 1903-13 years. Kronstadt of neo-Byzantine project VA Kosyakova.
The arrival of the temple belongs to the St. Petersburg diocese of the Russian Orthodox Church, is located in the territory of the Kronstadt Deanery. Stauropegic cathedral status indicates its direct subordination to the patriarch. The cathedral - Archimandrite Alexis (Ganzhin).
Since May 2013 is considered the main temple of the Navy of Russia and the Center for Military Deanery of the Diocese of St. Petersburg.
Peter and Paul Cathedral - 70, 4 meters
Location: Peterhof, Leningrad, Russia
Years of construction: 1894-1904Cobor Saints Peter and Paul Church - Orthodox church at Peterhof. Located in the New Peterhof, on the banks of the pond of Holguin, at the St. Petersburg Avenue, near the palace and park ensemble "Peterhof". The temple belongs to the St. Petersburg diocese of the Russian Orthodox Church, it is the center of Peterhof Deanery. The abbot - Archpriest Pavel Kudryashov.
The cathedral was built in the forms of Russian architecture of the XVI-XVII centuries. Designed for 800 people. Outwardly, the temple has a pyramidal shape and crowned with five tented heads.