10 facts about the population of India Crazy
• 10 facts about the population of India Crazy
Everyone knows that in India, a lot of people, right? But how many of them? Rest assured: more than you think, more than you can imagine! Judge for yourself…
1. In India and Pakistan, an approximately equal number of followers of Islam. But in India they make up only 14% of the population, whereas in Pakistan - 97%.
2. The red area on the map holds the same number of people, how much each of the blue. The red portion covers Uttar Pradesh, Bengal, Bihar, Jharkhand and Bangladesh.
3. Mumbai Suburban trains carrying an average of 7 per day, 58 million passengers. That's more than the population of many countries, including New Zealand and Bulgaria.
4. Only in one of Uttar Pradesh's population is higher than in all of Brazil - 204, 2 million compared to 200, 4 million.
5. In 2011, in India, there were 315 million students, which is twice the size of Russia's entire population!
6. India has more English speakers than the people in the UK.
7. In 2013, 120 million people took part in the Kumbh Mela, which is roughly the size of Mexico's population.
8. From 1901 to 2001, India's population has increased by an incredible 322% - c 238 million to 1, 028 billion.
9. Over 65 million Indians live in slums. In the Thailand live 67, 01 million.
10. Although the average population density in India is 382 people per square kilometer, in Bihar, this figure much more impressive - 1102 people per km².