Amazing facts about the color of which you were unaware
• Amazing facts about the color of which you were unaware
Did you know that there is a whole science about the color? It's called "colorimetry". This science deals with everything that is connected with the color: the measurement techniques and color theory in art to electromagnetic radiation and the physiology of color perception of our eyes.
But rather the terms! Are you ready to learn something interesting? The average person distinguishes a million colors. However, there are certain conditions in which some women may see nearly 100 million colors! Yes, so much! They see 100 times more colors than the average person. So when your wife next time will argue with you about the color of your shoes, you know - why.
And another interesting fact: Did you know that the night vision goggles are usually green, because our eyes can see more shades of green than any other color?
Before you - 25 amazing facts about the color, which you did not know!
25. The sun is actually white and shining white light, when viewed from space. Just when sunlight passes through Earth's atmosphere, it acquires a yellow tint.
24. "Impossible" color, also referred to as "forbidden" - it's color that are too complex for the human eye. We can not see them because of the principles of color perception and processing in the brain, does not allow us to distinguish between certain colors. Try to imagine the yellow-blue or red-green color, and you will see that we can not see them not only, but also to present.
23. Most people see colorful dreams, but those who grew up in the era of black-and-white film is likely to see the black-and-white dreams.
According to a study conducted in 2008 by scientists of the Scottish University of Dundee, adults over 55-years old, who grew up in the days of black and white television, often dream in black and white dreams, while the younger participants, who grew up in the era of color film and television, virtually always dream colorful dreams. The same results showed the study conducted in 2011 by the American Psychological Association.
22. Horses - the biggest eyes of all land animals. And they, by the way, perfectly see at night. However, unfortunately, they have dichromatic (two-color) vision, which means that they can only see two basic colors of the three.
21. People do not distinguish colors (suffering from color blindness), as a rule, it is better seen in the dark.
20. The German Formula 1 race cars were first silver in 1934. Legend or reality, but, say, when designers preparing their race cars for the upcoming races, they seem to have something left out, and at the time of inspection the day before the start of the competition turned out that the German race cars weigh a kilogram more than the allowed rate.
The team could not be allowed to race, so an enterprising leader Mercedes-Benz team ordered to clear the cars from the newly inflicted paint down to the bare metal, as did the mechanics of the night before the launch. By the way, one of the cars Mercedes then won the race. Color and remained silver, and Mercedes-Benz team has since called the "Silver Arrows".
19. The goggles use a green phosphor, because the human eye can distinguish more shades of green than any other color.
18. Cloak matador does not have to be red, because bulls do not distinguish colors. It is said that red cloak is needed in order to hide the drops of blood from the audience (when the bull killed).
17. The Israeli professor of chemistry Patolski Fernando (Fernando Patolsky) from Tel Aviv University has created a "straw from rape." This small device that looks like a conventional straw for stirring the beverage, which has a sensor beverage droplet mixing with the test solution. The chemical reaction drink turbid or color changes (depending on the formulation used).
As is known, the attackers added to the drinks of their victims so-called rape drugs, which is why they become more calm, and even briefly lose their memory.
16. The markers are usually yellow, because they do not leave traces (not obscure places allocated) on the photocopies.
15. The US Army uses people suffering from color blindness, camouflage detection. This is because they perceive certain colors so that people with normal vision can not.
14. According to research, red-haired people at the time of surgery may need 20% more anesthetic than owners of other hair colors.
13. In the Middle Ages dyers tissue stained material or red, or blue. Each of these two groups had their own guild, forbidding its members to stain the tissue in the opposite color, so purple clothes at the time was a rarity.
12. Cheddar cheese only ivory or yellowish happens because his dyed with natural dye annatto. In fact, its color varies depending on the time of year and the diet of cows, the milk which was used for its production. Farmers began to tint the cheese in order to avoid color variations of cheese.
11. In the 1980s, scientists have shown that the enzyme contained in the green coffee beans, can change the blood of any group in the blood group 0, the holders of which are considered universal donors.
10. The colors of fire hydrants can be used to determine flow rate and water pressure.
9. In 1962, the "flesh" color Crayola crayons was renamed "peach".
8. The colored dots on a cans with fizzy drinks, located near the information about the nutrients - the colors that were used in the production. Due to this the company can identify the defective printer and fix problems with it if one of the points faded or missing.
7. After retiring on pension, Emerson Moser (Emerson Moser), the main creator of the Crayola wax crayons, admitted that he in fact does not distinguish colors (ie. E. Color-blind).
6. The fake blood on the set of the film "Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street" was an orange color due to panic that Johnny Depp feels at the sight of blood. Then she gave the computer the desired color.
5. Since the 1890s, pencils steel painted in yellow color. This is because graphite for their production come from China, and China's yellow was the color of the royal dynasty. Thus, manufacturers of pencils made it clear that they - Chinese high quality graphite. Since then, they have remained yellow.
4. Some women are tetrahromatikami. This means that they can take about 100 times more colors than the ordinary person perceives.
3. When, in 1976, express delivery and logistics UPS started its activity in Germany, the locals did not like it, because the brown shirts of workers gives them unpleasant associations with the Nazis. UPS changed the brown shirts in the green.
2. The following is an excerpt from the trade journal in 1918 (when the pink tsvot still considered boyish, and blue - the Maiden). "The generally accepted rule is pink for boys and blue for girls The reason is that pink being a more decisive and strong color, is more suitable for boys, while the blue color, which is more subtle and graceful, looks better on girls. "
1. Orange was named after the orange ( "orange" in English). Prior to this, the color in English called "geoluread", which translates as "yellow-red".