Moscow subway station
• The stations of the Moscow Metro
The Moscow Metro has been operating for more than 80 years, has more than 200 stations and transports every day to 9 million passengers. Most of the stations were built more in Soviet times. Walk on the Moscow metro.
The logo of the Moscow Metro is a large letter M Russian alphabet red serif at the base. From 1979 to 2014 logo had blue outline in the form of a tunnel in the section. In 2014 it was decided to create a unified logo in the context of the re-branding of all the Moscow transport. (Photo by Sergei Karpukhin | Reuters):
Metro station "Fonvizinskaya". It ranks second in laying depth (65 meters) after the station "Victory Park". (Photo by Sergei Karpukhin | Reuters):
The Moscow Metro - the fifth in the world in terms of intensity of use after the subways of Beijing, Tokyo, Seoul and Shanghai. (Photo by Grigory Dukor | Reuters):
Many metro stations are architectural monuments. This station "Komsomolskaya" on the Circle Line. Opened January 30, 1952. It is one of the busiest subway stations in Moscow. (Photo by Maxim Zmeyev | Reuters):
Without Vladimir Lenin - anywhere. Especially at the station "Lenin Square". The name is given by the location on the surface of Ilyich Square (today - the area Rogozhskaya Zastava). Station "Lenin Square" - one of the most interesting in terms of paleontological subway stations. Columns on it finished in red marble (marble-like limestone), which are very common fossils. (Photo by Sergei Karpukhin | Reuters):
The station "Mendeleyev". Its depth -. 48, 5 m in podulichnom switching station February 17, 2007 a monument to stray dogs - a bronze figure of the dog-mongrel on a low pedestal, created on the initiative of Russian group of folk artists and performed by Alexander Tsigal, appeared after a sensational case, when a homeless dog nicknamed "Boy" who lived a long time at the station, was killed in 2001. (Photo by Sergei Karpukhin | Reuters):
The Moscow metro consists of 13 lines (2 of whom later joined into one) with total length of 346.6 km of double-track basis. The Moscow Metro 206 stations, 44 of which are recognized as objects of cultural heritage.
The metro station "Schukinskaya". The interior walls of underground hallways used pink marble. (Photo by Sergei Karpukhin | Reuters):
In the 3 years according to the plans of the Moscow government to be built 53 more stations and length of the line is expected to increase by more than 160 km. (Photo by Sergei Karpukhin | Reuters):
The earliest proposals for the creation of the metro in Moscow appeared in 1875, when there was an idea to build a line from the Kursk railway station through the Lubyanka and the Pipe Square to Marina groves. But before the project, it never came. Moscow Metro was opened on May 15, 1935. Starting complex consisted of 11 km of the route 2, stations 13 and 12 compositions.
"It is gratifying" station. Opened March 1, 1991. (Photo by Sergei Karpukhin | Reuters):
During the Second World War was used as a bomb shelter underground. During the air raids on the subway were born 217 children.
This station "Park Kultury". And the deepest metro station in Moscow - "Victory Park", which is located on Arbat-Pokrovskaya metro line. Its emplacement depth corresponds to 84 meters. (Photo by Grigory Dukor | Reuters):
"Kiev" - station Circle Line of the Moscow Metro. Opened March 14, 1954. 18 pylons are decorated with mosaics of glazes, decorated on the theme of the history of Ukraine and the friendship between the Ukrainian and Russian peoples. Specifically here: the proclamation of Soviet power Lenin in Smolny. October 1917. (Photo by Grigory Dukor | Reuters):
The driver of the train. As of 2017 in the Moscow Metro uses an electric five generations, and now there is a renewal of active coaches in particular - the oldest and the end-of-term written off less than the old pass overhaul and refurbishment, as well as intensive purchased new. In the past 10 years, complete replacement of rolling stock Filevskaya, Arbat-Pokrovskaya, Cul, Kalinin and Serpukhovsko-Timiryazevskaya lines. Inventory park of cars is 4535 pcs .; operational - 3557 pcs. (On average as of cars drive a day). (Photo by Grigory Dukor | Reuters):
"Barrikadnaya" metro station. Its depth - 30 meters. Massive, trapezoidal profile, flared up pylons decorated with pink marble. The interior of the lobby was replaced at major overhaul in 2015-2016. (Photo by Sergei Karpukhin | Reuters):
The metro station "Kiev". It built in 1954. This mosaic is dedicated to Russian-Ukrainian friendship. (Photo by Grigory Dukor | Reuters):
wash cars at the metro station "Red Presnya". (Photo by Grigory Dukor | Reuters):
Subway "Aviamotor". Depth - 53 meters. Making the station devoted to the builders of aircraft engines. The floor is paved with granite slabs of various shades of gray. A set of stations decorated decorative dome anodized golden quadrilateral pyramids - over the hall as if floating magic magic carpet. Several paintings, combine to form a flower in the center is lit light like a star in the sky. (Photo by Grigory Dukor | Reuters):
Moscow Metro as an object of civil defense. In the tunnels, as well as the output from the metro stations are built airtight doors (hermetic locks). They can withstand the impact of the blast wave, and also able to prevent the flooding of the stations and tunnels in the event of a flood. The hermetic locks but does not provide absolute isolation. In case of urban power off diesel power are provided. Their power is sufficient to maintain the lighting and ventilation. (Photo by Grigory Dukor | Reuters):
Metro station "Dubrovka". Opened December 11, 1999. Named for the eponymous district. This mosaic. (Photo by Sergei Karpukhin | Reuters):
"Kiev". One of the stair assemblies in an underground passage leading to the second bathroom with entrance hall (with Filevskaya line), which opened in 1970, in 2006, was designed by French architects modeled on the Paris Metro. (Photo by Grigory Dukor | Reuters):
Metro station "Revolution Square". The name given by the square of the same name (until 1918 it was called Resurrection). On pedestals in the corners of the pylons 76 bronze figures representing the Soviet people. The sculptures were made in the workshop of the Leningrad artistic casting. In 1941, the sculpture from the station "Revolution Square" were evacuated to Central Asia and were returned in 1944. (Photo by Maxim Zmeyev | Reuters):