Lovers nearly lost legs after a walk along the beach in Dominican Republic
• Lovers nearly lost legs after a walk along the beach Dominican Republic
The young pair of lovers from Canada nearly was on the surgical table simply because they decided to take a walk along the beach in the Dominican Republic. Here's how it happened.
Katie Stevens and Eddie Zitter travel quite often, but such problems have been encountered for the first time. The next holiday a couple planned to spend in the resort of Punta Cana, Dominican Republic. Immediately upon arrival, Cathy and Eddie went to the beach, and then on their feet stood out a strange rash.
The first few days, the pair did not pay particular attention to rashes, writing off all of acclimatization. But soon the feet Kathy began to look just awful and postpone trip to the doctor was simply impossible. The local clinic was explained to young people once the thing: it turns out they are infected helmintosis from tropical parasites that have got under their skin.
To all who are planning a trip to the tropics, please be careful when you walk on the sand, and wear shoes! My boyfriend and I just returned from Punta Cana and found that we both Larva migrans, and in another - skin worms living in the legs. If your legs have begun to impossible to scratch, please be sure to immediately check to see because we have decided that it's just biting bugs, and the situation is getting worse every day. This case is not part of our insurance, so I went back home, where I was given first aid - Katie Stevens
Lovers interrupted his vacation and returned to Canada. Where doctors confirmed the diagnosis, but refused to help - worms treated with ivermectin, a prohibited drug in Canada.
Account already walked for days and a couple of really in danger of losing a foot. Fortunately, they managed to get into the US clinic, located near the border, and all ended well.